Garden Shop Manager
Salary up to £25,000. Dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
This is a full-time position working every Saturday plus 4 other weekdays based on a rota, a total of 5 days. Minimum of 42.5 hours per week. Mon – Fri, 08:00 to 17:00. Sat, 09:00 to 17:00
As a garden shop manager your role will be to increase footfall through marketing and events and ensure that all customers visiting the nursery receive assistance in the purchase of plants and services which Tendercare offer. To present the garden shop to showcase the range of services and products we offer in addition to our plants and to ensure enquiries are forwarded to the relevant teams and staff and converted enquiries for partner products and garden shop products. To servicing plant enquiries through the on-site team who assist with both cash and carry and personal shopping services. To maintain stocking of the Garden Shop with interesting products and relevant sundry goods and supervise other staff in this work.
- To drive footfall through marketing, PR and email and social media campaigns.
- To create and run Events on the nursery for both Trade and Retail customers to promote plants, Lifestyle products and Tendercare Services.
- To drive impulse sales within your area of responsibility using displays and merchandising.
- To champion personal shopping, site visit and design services within your department by passing on leads to achieving targets set.
- To manage staffing levels to ensure sufficient staff are available to achieve the sales targets set and to match footfall generated
- To be responsible for the presentation of the Garden Shop and café
- To ensure that sufficient stocks of Tendercare branded products such as fertilisers, climber fixing kits and Root Rain kits are held in the shop sales area and there is point of sale material available on all products in the Garden Shop and customers can be assisted in placing orders for partners products such as Stonemarket . This requires considerable product knowledge across the range.
- To ensure Point of Sale advice makes it easier for customers to buy (plant labels, pricing signage) and that the products can be purchased using the Tendercare App and Epos system.
- In the absence of a Coffee Shop Supervisor this will include ensuring checking that the shop looks and is hygienically clean , ensuring the shop is well stocked with in-date merchandise and ensuring that crockery and cutlery is clean and tidy, ready for the days service.
- To manage Marketing Events, Open Days, exhibitions and seminars following up sales leads generated at these exhibitions and other marketing initiatives.
- To be overall responsible for the cashing up done, the credit card machine and closing routines, including locking up and ensuring all vents and windows are closed, alarm system is set and nursery gates are locked.
- To be responsible for First Aid provision and check first aid supplies on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Marketing PR or Social Media experience
- Good organisation skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good understanding of customer interface.
- Attention to detail with presentation and pricing of products
- Accuracy with figures.
- Basic horticultural training including a good knowledge of Latin botanical names and their common name equivalent.
- Previous selling experience.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- In house Training
- External training for future development of career aspirations in line with the company needs