Nursery Sales Support and Administration
Salary up to £25,000 pro rata dependant on experience plus generous staff discounts. Dependent on experience, skills and qualifications. Job Share possible to cover 7 days a week opening hours
This is a 6 month contract initially as a Job Share position which includes weekend working Min 3/4 days a week 09:00 to 17:00.
As a garden shop manager your role will be to provide excellent customer service to ensure that all customers visiting the nursery are directed in the correct way to staff who can assist then the purchase of plants and garden design services which Tendercare offer. Based in the garden shop/glasshouse, you will be the first port of call for customers visiting the nursery and the glasshouse is a meeting point before onward movement to the nursery. You will be servicing enquiries through the on-site team who assist with both cash and carry and personal shopping services and you will maintain the stock and presentation of product in the Garden Shop. The role involves both telephone, face to face and computer administration task.
- To provide a welcoming greeting service for all customers visiting Tendercare.
- To drive impulse sales within your area of responsibility using displays and merchandising.
- To champion personal shopping, site visit and design services within your department by passing on leads to achieving targets set.
- To carry out order through to payment processing tasks to ensure customers enquiries are progressed efficiently.
- To be responsible for the presentation of the Garden Shop and café
- To ensure that sufficient stocks of Tendercare branded products such as fertilisers, climber fixing kits and Root Rain kits are held in the shop sales area and there is point of sale material available on all products in the Garden Shop and customers can be assisted in placing orders for partners products such as Stonemarket . This requires considerable product knowledge across the range.
- To ensure Point of Sale advice makes it easier for customers to buy (plant labels, pricing signage) and that the products can be purchased using the Tendercare App and Epos system.
- In the absence of a Coffee Shop Supervisor this will include ensuring checking that the shop looks and is hygienically clean , ensuring the shop is well stocked.
- To be overall responsible for the cashing up done, the credit card machine and closing routines, including locking up and ensuring all vents and windows are closed, alarm system is set and nursery gates are locked.
- To be responsible for First Aid provision and check first aid supplies on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Good organisation skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good understanding of customer interface.
- Attention to detail with presentation and pricing of products
- Accuracy with figures.
- An interest in gardens and plants.
- Previous selling experience.
- In house Training
- External training for future development of career aspirations in line with the company needs