Plant Nursery and Garden Centre in Uxbridge, UK
We are an award-winning plant nursery with an unrivalled range of mature and specimen trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants to create immediate impact at planting. With an unrivalled range of over 100,000 plants to choose from, and over 30 highly trained consultants to advise customers, we are the UK’s leading horticultural resource and garden centre. Our range of trees and plants includes:
- Majestic conifers, evergreen trees, deciduous trees for interest or screening
- Mature hedging plants for division & boundaries – clipped and formed
- Architectural & unusual specimen shrubs, large climbers and wall shrubs
- Elegant Topiary and Espalier fruit trees
- Rhododendrons, Azaleas and Camellias
- Magnolias, Lilacs, Wisterias
- Herbaceous Perennials for colour and texture
- Tree Ferns & Palms, Japanese Maples
- Ferns, Grasses & bamboos
Please feel free to contact us for more information on 01895 835544 or click on this link to contact us by email.
Why not book a personal shopping service at our garden centre in Uxbridge? Our friendly knowledgeable staff will give advice on plant selection, helping you choose the most suitable plants for your garden.
Let inspirational ideas flow for new designs and major make-overs from our talented designers. Our garden consultation visits around the UK offer our award-winning horticulturists and designers to visit your property to discuss your project. We can assist with screening trees, obtaining planning permissions, or revitalising your garden borders! …
Our landscaping and planting services are qualified and trained staff implementing planting and establishing mature & formal hardy plants in gardens.
Tendercare Plant Nursery & Garden Centre
- Over twenty acres of plants to explore at our plant nursery in Uxbridge
- Hampton Court award winning exhibition show garden on display
- Professional range of plant fertilisers – we are organic!
- Great gardening advice and professional landcape planning
- Design ideas, sculpture, timepieces from David Harber, terracotta from Impernetta, Eschebach, and Kirsche
- An exclusive range of Gaze Burville seating
- Horticultural books
- Claber irrigation installation
Plants in the 'Nurseryman's Art'
- exquisitely formed and pruned trees.
Espalier, pleached,box-headed,roof-trained, topiary in spirals,pyramids,cubes and balls
-'character',parkland and avenue specimens
Hand selected by us from the best nurseries in Europe. Planting by our teams recommended.
Trees -'Through the garden gate'
- ideal for the smaller garden
Lovely varieties in pots no more than 65cm diameter for access through the garden gate.
- beautiful specimens of Cedar,Spruce and Redwoods from 3-12metres high
For year round interest mature examples have wonderful presence.
Ferns and tree ferns
- amongst the loveliest of plants
As the main grower of specimens, both deciduous and evergreen, in the UK, we also hold the largest selection of New Zealand tree ferns.
Shrubs for the connoisseur
- where the garden centres end we begin - 10L to 1000L pots
Flowering for every day of the year, deciduous, evergreen and choice !
Fruit trees - perfect for the Potager!
- Mature trees, espalier, fan-trained and 'step-overs'
Apples, pears, plums, cherries, vines, figs, quince, kiwis - and more.
Hedges - for privacy and structure in the garden
- prepared units to form 'instant', clipped runs
Traditional yew and box, large laurels and both green and copper beech, native species and reliable conifers.
Plants of the Mediterranean - and 'Planthunter' exotics
- olives, palms and 'spikey' plants for the 'arid' and 'tropical' look
Many gardens in sheltered and milder areas afford scope for stylish planting ideas.
Wall shrubs and climbers
- grown and trained for immediate impact
the best flowering and covering plants, pruned onto 1.8m trellises or on canes at various hieights upto 6m.
Seasonal herbaceous and grasses
- foliage and flowering plants to add form, texture and colour for any location
the most pleasing varieties are selected and grown in our local nurseries
Once exclusive to professionals, we now welcome all customers to our garden centre in Uxbridge. It offers a range of services, from planting and maintenance to garden design and build.
TENDERCARE grew and supplied all the plants for English Heritage’s first New Garden at Walmer Castle, to celebrate the late Queen Mother’s role as Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports on her 95th birthday. “I’ve been given lots of flowers,” said Her Majesty on that occasion, “But nobody has ever given me a garden before”.
‘The bigger they come, the better they are. Are you thinking big enough this planting season? It is amazing what scenes of maturity the modern horticultural industry can grow for you. TENDERCARE supplies seriously sized plants… At its headquarters, … the public can wander through 15 acres of container-grown giants.’ Stephen Lacey, Weekend Telegraph
‘The place was a revelation … I wandered about amazed by the size, quantity and variety of plants available. This is the sort of place professional garden designers go to create an instant garden. It is similarly ideal for the idle or impatient gardener who wants quick results.’ James Bartholomew, Weekend Telegraph
‘Tendercare is one of my favourite places to go shopping, whether it be for my own garden or for ‘Homefront’. The relaxed atmosphere, the professional service, the choice and quality of their stock, their efficiency and their humour make every visit worthwhile.’ Diarmuid Gavin, ‘Homefront’ BBC Television
‘A collection of thousands of magnificent plants ready for transplanting at any time of the year.’ Graham Rose, Sunday Times